Week Three

Monday, December 21, 2009

Here's my little man, looking confused as to why I was taking pictures instead snuggling him. This week has gone well. He definitely hit a growth spurt at 2 weeks, and I think he's possibly starting one this week as well. I try not to put too much stock in growth spurts though, isn't that first year one big growth spurt pretty much? LOL. His sleeping is going well, he's napping a little less during the day and only waking up 2-3 times per night maximum. If I go to bed around 11pm I only have to get up with him once, maybe twice. It's really nice to get some uninterrupted sleep in 3-4 hour stretches!

Here's Booboo in his car seat. I wish I was a picture to compare it to, but he used to be swallowed by his car seat! He actually fits it pretty well now, and we had to loosen the straps a little to accomodate him.
He's such an old man in a small body.. he's so pensive and quietly alert through most of the day. He just loves to stare at our faces, and whenever a cat meows he gets all excited and frustrated trying to find the source of that noise. It's super cute.
Big yawn, showing off his perpetually white tounge, thanks to the soy milk for that. I thought he had a case of thrush, but it all wipes off if I sit there and attempt to wipe it off, which I don't anymore now that I know it's just formula!
And one last picture of him sleeping, so peaceful! And before anyone gripes at me we live in Florida and it was 80 degrees outside! He was perfectly toasty and warm. :)

I can't believe we're almost at 1 month with him. It seems like I've known this little person forever! I'm happy to say my weight loss is ongoing, albeit obviously quite a bit slower than those first few weeks. I am also happy to say that the majority of my baby blues have gone away. I was a bit worried about post partum depression considering my past with anxiety and depression, but so far things are going okay, no extended crying jags or any irrational thoughts or feelings.

I'm feeling good overall. I'm not really bleeding anymore, I'm barely even spotting. I don't have to wear any sort of panty liners anymore. YAY for that, I hated it! I almost maybe feel like I could be up for some sexy time, but so far I'm holding off. I want to wait at least a month post partum, and 6 weeks falls on January 7th. I am also nervous about getting pregnant again so soon. I love Aidan, but please no more for at least a couple years!! LOL. I'm thinking about getting a 2 year IUD placed at my 6 week appt. I definitely will NOT remember to take a pill every day, so obviously standard birth control really isn't a good idea. I thought about Depo, but I've heard weight gain is common with that and I don't need to gain any weight! Plus my periods were pretty severe prepregnancy, so I'm hoping an IUD could help lighten them a bit, and help ease off some of the PMS symptoms. We'll see!

I will be posting another update for Christmas, and then another for his 4 week update. Time is flying!

3 comments:

Brad & Rachel on December 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM said...

I cannot believe your little man is 3 weeks old already! He is so adorable!

Noelle on December 21, 2009 at 2:36 PM said...

He is so cute! I'm glad you're getting more sleep!

Unknown on December 22, 2009 at 9:47 PM said...

Your son is precious!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada