Straight From Dietician's Mouth

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Well, after today's insane fasting number of 182, I called my dietician to see what, if any, changes I should be making to my diet. I faxed meal logs, and sugar logs, and she reviewed them.

My meals are perfect, I'm meeting nutritional guidelines, and not going over on sugar or carbs at all. My numbers are indeed too high (I've only had 6 sugar levels within range in 1 weeks time) and so tomorrow when I meet with my OB I'm either being put on an increased dose of N insulin at night (currently 20 units), or more likely increasing my night time dose of N, and I'll start taking R during the days.

Hmm.

At least I know my insane numbers aren't due to my diet. I was really stressed because my OB said a lot of women are non compliant with the diet aspect, and end up hospitalized and the GD regulates with diet control in the hospital. At least I know (according to my dietician) that my diet is not the cause, and even if she DID hospitalize me, my numbers most likely wouldn't get any better based on diet alone.

Big update, not quite what I was hoping for (diet is easier to fix, and I was hoping to avoid more insulin) but at least it's answers.

2 comments:

Nicole on October 15, 2009 at 8:53 AM said...

That stinks! At least you know it's not your diet but I wouldn't like the increased insulin either. I hope it helps though. GL!

Katie on October 17, 2009 at 5:45 AM said...

That has to be so frustrating!! Your OB is probably just being extra cautious, my friend couldn't get her sugars under control and her OB was concerned but never mentioned anything about being admitted to the hospital because of it. Sounds like you are in good hands. Kepp you head up, and just think you have less than 6 weeks right?

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada